If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, you may have lower back pain. It could be caused by something as simple as an injury or as serious as cancer. If you think you’ve been injured, make sure you see a doctor right away.
But if it turns out that you don’t have a medical condition, then there are still things you can do to ease the discomfort.
How to Do a Lower Back Stretch
1. Lie down on the floor on your stomach.
2. Place your hands behind your head.
3. Lift your chest up and slowly roll over onto your side.
4. Gently pull your knees towards your chest while keeping your legs straight.
5. Hold this position for 10 seconds.
6. Slowly return to lying flat on your back.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 three times.
8. Rest for 5 minutes before moving on to step 9.
8. Sit up tall and place your arms at shoulder level.
9. Bend forward at the hips and reach your hands toward your feet.
10. Keep your back long and lean forward.
11. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
12. Return to standing.
13. Repeat steps 8 through 12 two more times.
14. Relax for 5 minutes before moving to the next exercise.
In addition to the above, with our Soul Strap yoga stretch assistant, you can try the following exercises gently, until you become comfortable.